The SDIY MDRONE consists of 3 square wave oscillators and a bandpass filter with adjustable center frequency and bandwidth. The filter can be overdriven for a grittier sound. Simple thru-hole construction can be completed in as little as a single evening.
Operation from a single 9V battery allows hours of tweaking. Use the SDIY MDRONE alone, or with external effects for maximum fun. And, best of all, you can take pride in having built it yourself!
Detailed assembly manual has step-by-step instructions, and, for educational customer, also includes a discussion of the basic circuit theory.
Contents of SDIY MDRONE PCB + Parts kit:
PCB, 18' wire, all PCB components, front panel controls and knobs.
Block Diagram of SDIY MDRONE
- 3 Square Wave Oscillators with on/off
- Summing Mixer
- Bandpass Filter with Adjustable Q and Fc
- Selectable "Grit" (Filter Overdrive)
- Volume Control
- 1/4" Mono Line Level Output Jack
- 9V Battery Operation
- MSRP $70 for Parts + PCB Kit
- Pre-drilled case option coming soon
SDIY MDRONE kits are available from these fine retailers:
MDRONE Example Audio Track